2.22.2005

Stuff and the Chair

Wow! I have gotten rid of so much stuff!!! Keith & Shawn can really vouch for that. They helped me move last time and they told me they would have to see it to believe it...well, now they are believers! However, I still have a bunch of stuff!!! For one thing, those of you who know me (no comments, please) that I am not exactly organized. It's not that I am a total disaster, but I have bills and paperwork stuck just about every place in the house! It's amazing! And to think if I just took a little time every week to sort through it all, I could file it in a file cabinet and it would look so much tidier and smaller...but I absolutely despise filing!!! I guess it's because I have to do that at work and it's just sooooooooooo boring! I'm gonna try to do better at that...either that or I'll leave a little pile for Jeff, aka Mr. Tidy, to file for me! He loves to do stuff like that...

Okay, so I've gotten a lot handled in the last day or so. Kinda messed me up because I forgot it was President's Day on Monday and I couldn't go to the bank or post office; so, I will do that Tuesday. I've scheduled everything to be cut-off, unplugged, disconnected, etc. so at least that is done! Yay!

I did get the most awesome gift today! Mom, Dad, and I were at the Avenues on Saturday evening and....let me back up a second...we had been looking for me a comfy chair before all these big changes and events began to transpire before Christmas. We searched high and low and, yes, I am picky when it comes to some things, I just wanted the chair to "talk to me" when I saw it. Well, there wasn't any conversation...anywhere. A few close calls, but the right chair just hadn't come along yet. Back to Saturday, mom and I ended up going in the Bombay Company because we hadn't been in one in awhile. So, there we are browsing through the store looking at all the beautiful items minding our own business and all of the sudden, from out of nowhere, I look in front of me and there it is...this awesome leather chair...I thought I heard it whispering to me "come, take and seat and see that I was meant for you". I sat down in it and instantly knew it was perfect!!! Fit me great as far as seat length and height is concerned. I was in awe; however, I was almost afraid to look at the ticket...but it was on sale!!! Nearly half off! Mom and I looked it over and ended up leaving and not purchasing it (which was okay because we would not have had any way to get it home)...so, my most wonderful mother told me on Sunday that she called the Bombay at the Orange Park Mall and that they had the same chair in stock and that it was an add'l 10% off due to the President's Day Sale! Rock on, Mom!!! So, today we went and scoped it out and I got it! I got it! It is just so beautiful...an nice mocha color...not too dark, but not too light...I can't wait to get settled out there so, I can enjoy my new, comfy chair! Yay, Mom and Dad! Thanks for your help and the gift! It's the greatest and I'll have it for many, many years of enjoyment!

Well, if any of you have figured it out yet..I am typing this at two o'clock in the morning EST. My sleep cycle is on the fritz. So, my eyelids are feeling heavy again...so, I'll be back at least once more before the big trip!

1 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

I love big comfy chairs! I spent the longest time looking for one back home and found one just in time to give it away and move to two consecutive places that seem to be utterly devoid of comfy chairs. When I come back, I'm visiting you and temporarily taking over your comfy chair! Be forewarned! :)

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home