2.28.2005

We Made It!

Yippee! I am officially a "Texan" now! Yippee-yi-yay! Heeeeeeeee-hawwwwwwwww! Okay, now that I got all those goodies out of my system...I'll give you the latest news. We survived the trip here with only minor difficulties with our car hauler...one breakaway box and two new tires (btw, got the money back on the trailer thanks to awesome Jeff...saved me $238.50 so that paid for the gas) later we were on our way!!!! We arrived safe and sound on Saturday afternoon. We have since put all my earthly treasures...including my beloved chair which made the trip safe and sound thanks again to Jeff...who is sitting behind me while I am writing this.

Let me tell you...you can see for miles out here...I was thinking to myself "where are all the trees?" Well, let me correct myself, you can see for miles out here if you are somewhat out of town because Plano being the ritzy area that it is has millions and millions and millions of houses!!! It's utterly amazing! There are more houses everyday! We did stop by and look at an unfinished condo like I am interested in today! Niiiiiiiiiiice. And everything is BIG out here. The U-haul storage center is all one BIG building, not the little strips like we have in Florida. It's a two story monstrosity! Very, very nice though. I am going to have to adjust to the traffice lights and the bumps in the road instead of lines, but Plano (thank goodness) is laid out like a grid so there is not much chance of getting lost.

I did make a rather large decision not to persue the job at Prestonwood. I was shocked to learn that the rate of pay was quite lower than I expected. I do not think I could have survived on that amount to live on my own. So, back to the drawing board. Don't get me wrong, pay was not the only thing I considered...I prayed and I just had that gut feeling that it wasn't right. I always think that is God's way of letting me know to keep going, keep searching. He's got the right one for me somewhere.

Well, enough boring info. We go to open my bank account tomorrow and get my vehicle inspected which I am NOT looking forward to at all. Not because my vehicle is scary or anything, but because I remember going for inspections when I was a kid. I always hated them because I was in the backseat and dad would have to slam on the brakes and one time I was so scared that I got down in the floorboard with my hands over my head. After that, mom said I didn't have to go again. Funny what you are scared of as a child. Which brings me to another hilarious thought from childhood...I was scared of the Pirates of the Carribean at Disney World. I thought they were really shooting at me!!! I think I embarassed my mom to death! I know I scared my cousin, Paulette, into thinking the same thing. That was really dumb...I was old enough to know better. Well, off to bed!

1 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Congrats! I'm so glad to hear that you (and the chair!) made it safely! And I'll be praying for you about a job - you're brave for stepping out in faith and turning down a job (even if it didn't pay well). I've been known to take a bad option rather than wait for the good to come along. That's no good. Anyway, be safe, enjoy the wide open spaces (Dixie Chicks anyone?) and blog often! I love reading your posts! :)

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home