6.15.2005

From the shadows, I shall emerge...

Wow! I really have been off this thing for too long...but I have been so incredibily busy since I got a wonderful job about three weeks ago (more about that later in the post). Hmmm...where should I begin? Well, we did have some sad news, Jeff's grandmother (Lisa's mom) passed away in May and we all traveled to Virginia for the funeral. Jeff inherited this wonderful piano, a Gulbransen, from her. It's beautiful! We had to find a way to ship it out here with it costing and arm, leg and other body parts...and it's on its way as I write. It should be here within the next week or so and when we get it I wil l take pics and post them. I have a ton of pics to post anyway...since we have been on some travels. Anyway, this piano is not like any I've ever seen before and we found out yesterday that is was manufactured in 1939. Instead of looking like a traditional piano when the lid is closed, it resembles a buffet table; it is quite unique! Jeff and Lisa have done some rearranging in order for us to have a place to put it. We are very excited about it coming!!!

Let's see...about my new job. I am employeed with First Baptist Church of Allen, TX, as the Music Assistant. All I can say is God is good!!! I just happened to be surfing church websites one night and came across this one. I opened up their weekly newsletter, The Standard, to find they were seeking an Administrative Assistant! At that point, I nearly fell from my chair...I had been searching high and low for a church job and so I sent an email to a man I later learned was the Administrator. Anyway, after an interview and testing (easiest interivew and testing I've ever done), he called back and offered me the job and it's been fantastic ever since!!! I love it there! What's even funnier is that the Music Minister's name is Jeff as is another guy on staff...so, they're starting "Club Jeff" (ha!ha!). In fact, all the ministers, with the exception of Pastor Chad, their names begin with a "J".

Well, I am about out of words...hard to believe...but true. Everyone take care and I promise to right more later....and for those of you who have been asking me, my home email address is jfnbanana1@yahoo.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home