3.27.2005

My Life with Drama in Trama...

Okay, don't faint, it really is me...I know, you probably figure I have been busy with life, but it's really that I haven't had a life, much anyway except with Jeff, since I arrived in the Big "D". First, obviously you are already well aware if you have been keeping up with my blog, the rug was pulled out from under me by my gallbladder which I have recovered from quite quickly...but, of course, based on my luck (of lack there of) and medical history, I cannot expect everything to work properly for me...it's just a fact of my life that I came to terms with years ago...so, I should have known the gallbladder would not be the end. I MUST have drama...lots of drama...you know I've got to have something to talk about! j/k

So........after my gallbladder removal, yes, everything went well and as I said above, I have healed rather nicely even though my insides are still sore from time to time...I hope to have some pre-surgery pictures to share with you once I figure out how to download them from Jeff's phone. Anyway, as I was saying, I MUST have drama...so, here it is! My left calf began hurting the day after I arrived home from my surgery, but I didn't think much of it because I always have charlie horses in that calf and I just figured it was a cramp. Well, as the week went on and through the weekend while we were out browsing through antique stores at a local town, the pain kept increasing and then I began to worry. Jeff's brother, Mike, wanted to know if I had a blood clot and I laughed it off saying, "I don't think so", but after his comment I did begin to wonder if something else was up...so, Tuesday on my way to work...the drama began. I was trying to park in the garage at work when the security guard on duty proceeded to tell me I couldn't park there without a badge...now, I have been parking there...so, I became somewhat irritated and sped away doing a u-turn and leaving "the scene of the crime". I decided to drive around and gather myself together to go back to work, but it turned out I had a total meltdown. Between the move, the surgery, and the pain in my leg, I was just a mess. I called Jeff and probably scared him half to death because I was sobbing and he wanted to know where I was and I couldn't see the street sign and I kept saying "I don't know", but I was finally able to get my bearings, somewhat, and drive back home. In the mean time, dear Jeff, the wonderful man that he is, made me a doctor's appointment, called Mary Kay to let them know that I was on my way to the doctor and we would give them an update once we knew something, made his mom an appointment as well. We gathered ourselves, Jeff, Lisa, and I, and headed to the doctor. It seemed as if my leg pain was increasing every minute and I was really worried.

Once at the doctor's office, of course, I had to fill out mounds of paperwork while Jeff and his mom went in for her appointment. About the time they were done, it was my turn and I was more than ready. After the dreaded "weigh-in", Jeff joined me. Once the doctor arrived and realized Jeff was back in the room with another woman, he accused Jeff of picking women up in the waiting room and walking them back to see the doctor and staying with them during the visit. However, the doctor informed me that he thought Jeff was harmless and not to worry...it was rather funny!!! The doctor was really nice and he was concerned that it might be a clot as well, so he sent me to Richardson Regional Hospital to have an ultrasound done on my leg. So, we jumped in the car and Jeff drove us there. After arriving and finally figuring out where we needed to be, the woman who we had to deal with was a bit loopy, confused and thought we were speaking too softly...so we RAISED our VOICES and told her the much needed information....some people make me wonder...

After some time passed, I was called back for the ultrasound and the technician told me that I did indeed have blood clots...now see...it had to be dramatic...not only did I have one blood clot, I had THREE!!!!! THREE!!! At this point the technician told me that the doctor would want to admit me back into the hospital because one clot was right behind my knee and anything from the knee up is very dangerous...so, the doctor was called and I told him I wanted to be admitted into Medical Center of Plano and he had me arrange that with my surgeon, Dr. Kantor..wonderful man! So, once again, I was admitted to the hospital and immediately given a shot in my side of Lovonox (a blood thinner) and hooked up to a heartrate/oxygen level monitor...what fun! When Dr. Kantor came in, he told me he wanted me to stay in the hospital until the levels were right for me to stop the shots and just use the coumadin. COUMADIN?!?!?! I remembered David, our Youth Pastor, was on this because of a heart issue and I wasn't the least thrilled to hear this news!

After spending Tuesday through Friday in the hospital, I was released with six more shots to give to myself and at least six months use of Coumadin...which I may have to be on a low dosage for the rest of my life! I will post more later, my hands are tired and I go back to work in the morning!

2 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

You poor thing!!! One thing after another - I know the feeling! You are certainly in my prayers! Take good care of you! And I offer a hearty round of applause to Jeff for being supportive, helpful, kind, and generally wonderful. How amazing God's provision is!

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your dramas. I hope everything starts to be smooth sailing for you before too long. We miss you!
Carole

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home