9.24.2005

Hurricane Rita....More Health Issues...Airports...

NWS (nat'l weather svc) has issue a flood watch for your area...that was this morning...it's nearly 8 p.m. and we haven't seen the first drop of rain. It's been gusty and there's tree limbs and other garbage laying about...but not rain and we NEED, NEED, NEED rain!!!

Okay, enough about that. God will give us what we need when we need it; so, it can't really be that bad. So, how's everyone been? I've been, you know, busy and I know that's no excuse so don't let me believe that it is.

Let's see...well, I am now off coumadin which is a HUGE praise! I had my 6 mo. doplar ultrasound on my leg last week and no clots were there! Yea! However, I am not out of the dark yet...they took 11, yes that's right, 11 viles of blood from me to see if I was "prone" to blood clots and the doc hasn't gotten the results from those yet. Anywho, I did manage to break off another piece of my molar, but thank goodness it hasn't begun to ache. I enrolled in a dental discount plan for the rest of the year until I can get back my dental insurance that I lost when I moved. So, the crown and root canal will only costs me a 1/3 of what i was orginially quoted. Whew! My poor bank account will be much happier with that. And, let's see, I did go home later day...opps, Labor Day weekend and actually got stuck in Florida an extra day...I was one minute passed the 30 minute cut off so they wouldn't let me have a boarding pass (mental note: always print boarding pass before going to airport to avoid such inconviences as this) and tried to put me on two more planes so i could hang out at the airport all day in my work clothes and lug my luggage (wow, now that word make sense to me...i never put two and two together...it was just a learned word all these years...sorry) all over the airport and then had to call my folks to come get me again and take me back home just so we could turn around in the morning and come back again. $50 to guarantee me on the first morning flight...jeepers!

And, today was a first for me...I had my haircut outside. I really think that would make for a unique salon experience. =) Jeff's mom trimmed my hair on the porch in the wind...but i think it was a really neat idea.

Oh, and I want to let the world and those dispersed around it that Daniel Smith makes a mean fondue...LOL! I only got to see a limited amount of people when I was home including Michelle & Mikayla, Daniel, Tara, Daniel Page and my parents and loving cat. I didn't go to church...I just enjoyed time with my friends and family because when I go to church I have to explain my life to everyone and that is very tiring...I just want to enjoy myself.

Well, Teresa, I have now posted...and I'm still checking into the Korea thing, but let me know what your plans are and I may just wait until you get back to the states because certain members of my soon-to-be and present family were very much against it because they are convinced that the one weeks I would be there is when N. Korea would attack....gotta love family!!! =)

Take care and I promise, promise, promise to post more later!

1 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Yeah, I don't currently know how much longer past January I'll be staying here...so it'll probably be best to just wait and see.

There was something else I was going to say, but now I forgot, and I really need to go get ready for work, so I'll comment later. Love you! Thinking about you LOTS! :)

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home