3.08.2005

The Slacker is Back....er...I think

Yes, you can all breath easy now...I am still very much alive...just very busy and very tired. I am enjoying everything and enjoying sleep although my sleep has been a bit of a problem the last couple of nights. (Note: Jeff wants me to let you all know that he is not running around the house at night like a banshee waking me from my sleep...it's not his fault in other words. =)) And it's not that I don't like the couch because it's super cool, it's leathter and it's really comfy...not quite as comfy as my chair, but close.

I have been trying to use the "hello" picture thing to post pics on here, but it is still not agreeing with my computer, but I WILL work on it when I have a chance....maybe tomorrow night.

Okay, let me tell you about Canton! It was H-U-G-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A monstronsity! I was rather amazed! They say it takes three full days to see everything and I believe that. I'm not even sure we covered 1/3 of it because it's so BIG! They have a little bit of everything there....junk...good finds...crafts...food...new items...food...antiques.. we had big, juicy hamburgers and later Jeff and I shared a footlong corndorg! It was the best! I did buy a couple of things...the first one is a scary wreath that reminds me of the movie "The Village" every time I look at it, but it is just so cool! I know you are thinking "a scary wreath"????? But it's true...from what we could figure it is made from an Elka bush/tree. Jeff hung it above his bed for safe keeping until I get moved and it fills the space really well. He has been very relieved that it has not fallen off the wall and attacked him in the middle of the night, the scary beast that it is...really...I will have to get a pic on here so you can understand what I mean...I am not crazy!!!!!

Second, I purchased a package of spicy dip...it tasted really good!!! We are going to get some sour cream and mix it together this week and enjoy it!!!! Yum! Yum! Finally, I bought a sterling silver ring that is very unique. It has a square on the front that features a square turquoise with different colored stones around it. I will picture it when I get the pics up as well.

Well, onto MK! My first day was..........................fantabulous!!!! I really enjoyed myself! I work on the 6th floor for the Sales Dept. in the Sapphire Sales Development Division. I have a really great cubicle-like area by a big window...so I get to see outside...how awesome is that?!?!?! I am going to be answering the phone in that area...which is a breeze because once I learn the business, the phone calls are very minimal compared to RBC. I am also using a database there called PROD...it reminds me of ACS (automated church system) that I used at RBC, but some of it is manual and some is mouse-friendly. Most of my work involves mail-merges, mailings, etc. It is going to be very busy at times, but the girl who is training me, Traci...her last day is next Tuesday and then I'm going to be in the Dept. "by myself" for the rest of the week! I think they thought that I was going leave after the first 1/2 day because one of the sales team members said, "Oh, I am so glad you came back! We thought you wouldn't after you went to lunch!" Of course, she was more kidding than anything...but it made me feel good! I told them I understood that this was a busy time and that things would be different in a couple of weeks after everyone is back from Career Conferences.

So............that has been my life for the last few days! Before I go, just wanna give a "shout out" to Resa for her continued support of my blog even when I'm not consistent! To Mom & Dod for the great emails about the "culvert" and sending their love! To my dear friend, Sarah, who hopefully still likes me even though I didn't call her when I arrived to TX...and to Jeff...who is sitting here with me because he has done sooooooooooo much to make my transition a lot more bearable!!!! I love you all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear things are going so well with you. I can't seem to stop humming the them song to Mary-Tyler-Moore show as I read though. It seems you are already more successful (as you have more than just a Rhoda). Anyway, I am so glad there is a chance you might actually reacall that show, as it shows my age! I wish you moved up, instead of over though. It would be great to have you close. I miss our friendship ... friends just are never the same as the one you make when you are in school.
Miss you... Denise

7:57 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Yay for shopping, corndogs, even scary wreaths! :) You're so thoughtful - I'm just thrilled beyond belief to have a way to keep up with you. Your comment about the kimchi made me laugh out loud SO hard! My friend Melissa said (when she took that picture at the restaurant) that it looked like raw meat to her. Great minds think alike! :)

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home