4.24.2006

We're In!

Okay, I always say I have no excuses, but this time I do! I do have excuses! It's called moving, CPAP adventures, a now 45 minute commute, a temporary new office, a new staff person, setting up furniture and the DR Horton nightmare!

So, we're in our house...FINALLY!!! We moved in at the end of March, but it's been nonstop caos since then...so, let me briefly try to catch everyone up. I am sorry for not being able to post much and I promise to have some pics up soon.

First, like I said, we moved! We moved all our stuff in and all my stuff from storage to the garage...I just went through my stuff this last Saturday from the garage. I felt like I was on that show, "Clean House". We had the donate boxes, the throw away boxes, the keep boxes, the go-through boxes, and the craigslist items. Geez! Now all the keep boxes are in the dining room waiting to be sorted and gone through. I'll get there!

Anyway, we moved all our stuff in even though the guys weren't completely done with our house because we had major drywall/texturing issues and over the last three and a half weeks life has been interesting! We've had walls torn down to the studs and actually studs replaced and everything redone. We had to have nearly the entire house retextured due to the fact that the entire time our house was being built it rained and was cold...it was never hot...and the drywall and tape lines were showing through the texture. It's been a living nightmare. At one point, we had so much furniture covered with plastic it resembled a house that had been shut up for years and was awaiting a new owner. We had to have a new frig delivered from Lowe's because the first one had issues...door was scratched and bent and didn't align right. Then we had to have a new stove because the door was broken on the current one. We do have gas as opposed to electric which is such a change for me. Some things seem to cook faster and others slower...it's strange. Then we had a broken window in one of the dormers that was replaced along with an oddball window in the Master because one of the workers managed to shoot a nail from the outside through the frame of the window to the inside and then replaced the window with one that didn't match anything else. We had concrete that didn't match other concrete...and it's not that our house is bad...it's really, really nice and we love it...and we're happy with all they've done to repair things and not give us a hard time. We also have a great big yard and Jeff has the grass looking so good!

That brings me to the Tree Farm! I had never been to one before...it was awesome! They have these huge oak trees you can buy for like 6,000 dollars! That's not the ones we chose! We did get three Red Oaks though. They are about 2 to 3 inches wide already! It make the yard look so nice! We rec'd 2 trees with the house and to our surprise, they are silver leaf maples and they are really tall and in great shape! Even our builder was impressed! I'll be sure to include pics of these as well!

Ahhhhhhhh....I am finally sleeping soundly! I got my CPAP machine a couple of weeks ago and I love it! It has a humidifier on it and I am sound asleep in a few minutes! I am beginning to feel like I have much more energy now which is what I have longed for for so long!

Along with the move I gained a 45 minute commute to work. It's not so bad, but it just takes so long! It's primarily straight up one road...that starts out as a 2 laner and ends as a 6 laner. It's so peaceful out here where we live and we get to enjoy the small airport up the street! We see the planes taking off especially on the weekends! There are also lots of hotair balloons in the area and we frequently get to injoy them as well!

Our neighborhood is growing and we really don't look forward to the day that we can't see the gorgeous sunsets on the horizon...but it'll be awhile before our view is blocked.

Jeff has started his own business and is really enjoying it! It gives him the flexibility we need and he is just so excited! We have a website we're working on, but it's not up and running yet. It will be www.bahrenburgsignaturepainting.com. He's doing interior painting the 'ole fashion' way. He takes his time and he is really good at it. He hopes to have another employee within a year.

I am still an avid ebayer and currently sell on www.craigslist.com as well. If you haven't heard of it...check it out! There is one in every large city around the country!

I still love my job! I am in a temporary office because they are changing things around a bit and I just didn't care to inhale dust particles for the next several weeks...so, I am actually in a 'new' office...however, the administrator told me 'not to get too attached'...darn! The other children's assistant moved to another position as Youth Assistant and I miss her so already! She is a breast cancer survivor and I love to hear her speak! Everything she says in deliberate! She's amazing! The new girl, Sarah, started on Friday. She's about 22...makes me feel really old! She sweet and we talked a lot on Friday...and I look forward to getting to know her better!

VBS and Camps are just around the corner; so, my desk has been topped off with camp forms and VBS info...it's crazy! We are actually hosting our VBS at a local water park...which is awesome! The kids will just love it! We are doing all our Bible studies based on water events: Jesus walking on the water, the storm, noah's ark...etc. Check out our summer website: www.flipflopsummer.com!

Well, that's about it! I hope to keep this up a little better now that we are somewhat settled!

Everyone take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home