1.24.2006

Impressions from God

As I was sitting in church Sunday morning at Grace Community (website) God was impressing some things upon me. First, I had always had this drive somewhere deep inside me to speak to women, but I always give God the excuse that I really don't have much of a testimony compared to other women. Well, this being a time of truly trusting God and going on faith I realized that God is constantly shaping our testimonies as Christians. Now some of you are probably thinking "that's really profound, JoAnna", but if you step back and look at your life you probaby don't realize how much that is true! I am convinced that God is going to use this time in my life as an example for someone else. If I face this with anger and resentment towards God, I will not be able to share that with others; but if I use it as a time of learning, healing and really seeking His face then what a testimony I will have!

Okay, I'm finished with my mini-sermon now...anyway, I had a job interview today...well, really it was just a "let me show you around the office and talk a mile-a-minute and see if you can retain all this information in a matter of ten minutes" time. It's a part-time weekend job, in which my resume stuck out to this guy because I worked for a Baptist church..he was so impressed because some realtor there (yes, this was at a real estate office) used to be a Music Minister and the front desk girl, whom I wanted so badly to call "Michelle" because she looks like my best friend back home, is a Baptist. Okay, God, what is your intention here? It was really an idea job for the weekend...about 16 hours and a good way to get my "foot in the door" to be a full-time admin asst. in a realtor's office. So, I will continue to seek God in this. Considering he had to pick 4 or 5 resumes out of 160, I figured it must have meant something for me to be a 'chosen one'. I'll post back when I have more info.

So, I came home from the interview and decided it was time to call the car insurance...yes, back on Friday the 13th, a member of the church where I was working, opened her car door and the 35 plus mph winds of the blustery day ripped the door from her hands slamming it into my driver's door leaving two lovely indentions and taking the paint off. So, after figuring I was not going to have time to run around and get estimates on it I decided to let the insurance company handle it. They are a nice couple and I felt so sorry for her...she just kept apologizing to me...and I kept telling her it was okay, beyond her control. It does get quite windy out here...blows over little bushes and trees...and feels as if your car is going to blow right off the road! So, I now have a claim number and will be awaiting the call to drive it over to the estimator's office to get a check. Fun, fun, fun!

I also had to call the Annuity Board about my health insurance which will become null and void at the end of the month if I don't request an extension. I think they are willing to extend it for up to 18 months which is really cool! However, I am going to be needing it with all the health stuff I have going on and coming up in the near future.

Jeff started his training for his new car salesman job today. He was very excited and nervous which is to be expected. He has called me twice to say it is going really well, but having to sit for hours on end is making his circulation issues a nuisance. He said his legs and feet keep falling asleep, so I told him to tell them he may need to get up and walk around some during the training since once he is on the job most of his time will be spent standing anyway.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. I am getting ready to list a bunch of clothes and stuff on ebay so we'll have a little income during this transition!

Ta, ta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home