1.19.2006

New Year, New House, New Jobs...well, I Once was a "Newman"

Well, I haven't been around much lately...I mean, I've been around, but I've either been sick, out of town, or just busy. Since it is the New Year, I decided I should at least catch individuals who actually read my posts up on my current life. As of today, I am unemployed. It was a decision that had been coming, but yesterday kind of summed it up for me and I decided to move on and look for other work. I really felt 'underworked' there. I made okay money, but I was paying my own benefits and I was bored. I expressed by boredom on many occassions...but I never seemed to get anywhere.

On top of all that, I went to the doc again on Monday for a follow up to an increase in my Zoloft meds...which didn't do me any good. I couldn't tell a difference at all! So, the doc switched me to Effexor and I've been on a rollercoaster ever since...it's one of those meds you have to be weened on to...so, this is my second full day on it and I've gone from crying fits to moments of happy splendor...i feel like I'm suffering from 'mania', but I'm not...it's just the meds settling in...I hope this feeling doesn't last much longer. Right now my head is about to explode and I'm getting sleepy again.

So, while visiting with the doc, and explaining my whole theory of how I've gotten to the point where I am...always tired, snoring, headaches in the mornings, extreme fatigue, falling asleep at my desk, on my lunch, etc...we reached the conclusion that in addition to my new meds, I would be going for sleep study. As fun as that may sound, I really hope it repairs me! It has actually given me great 'hope' although no one would be able to tell that today...i look like i'm either coming off of being hopped up or I haven't slept in months. The thing is that I do sleep...in fact, last night I dreamt...the first time in a while that's happened. It's just that because I snore (obviously loudly since I keep Jeff awake in the other room) I don't real rest...so, I probably have obstructive sleep apnea. Obstructive because I am overweight and my air flow is blocked. So, next Tuesday night I will be hooked up to machines to monitor my sleeping. I don't think I'll have a problem falling asleep and I am actually looking forward to finding out if I need a CPAP machine. Anything to get me out of this fog!!!!

The house is still being built which is exciting! Jeff got a new job at a local Honda Dealership as a salesman and will be starting next week. I am looking for a job/career change. I think I would like to get into real estate. I really enjoy helping people find places to live by using the internet and I think God put that idea in my head. So, I am looking to find a admin position with either a builder or a real estate company.

Well, I think it's definitely time for me to lay down for a little bit before my contacts fall out due to dry eye...lol. I'll be sure to post some pics of the house and check back in about my sleep study.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JoAnna,
I have been on a CPAP machine for over 12 years. I felt just like you described. I went through the sleep study and got my machine. I hated it the first couple of weeks, but wouldn't be caught without it now. I really can't sleep without it. It changed my life. I hope it will yours. I got concerned after driving to work one morning and couldn't remember anything, especially the drive. It scared me. My doctor told me I needed a sleep study. I sleep more deeply and don't snore. It is wonderful! You will love it.

2:42 PM  
Blogger JoAnna said...

Wow, Randal, thanks for the encouragement! I know I need it right now, but I am REALLY looking forward to getting on with my life! LOL! Thanks again!

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home